The Boyfriend Coat

I'm absolutely crazy about this coat as well as the pictures my brother and I made of the look that I created with it. I've b...


I'm absolutely crazy about this coat as well as the pictures my brother and I made of the look that I created with it. I've been waiting to share the pictures with you all week, and I hope you are all as excited about them as I am. Read on to see more of the pictures and to find out more about this look...


First of all: the camel coloured 'boyfriend' coat. A couple of weeks ago I went on an internship to Cornwall, UK, and on my day off I went shopping in Truro. I didn't actually need a new coat, but when I saw this one I just couldn't keep my eyes off it. There was only one left in the smallest size, and when I put it on it fitted perfectly. I think that the length is just right, the design is quite simple but classy and the colour is absolutely amazing. I've been wearing lots of black and white recently, and I don't even own anything in camel, so I thought it would be nice to add a new colour to my wardrobe. I think that the coat is perfect for fall,  as well as for the warmer winter days if combined with a scarf.


Because the coat has a classic cut, I wanted the rest of the outfit to be a combination of classic and something a little more edgy and rough. For the classic part I went with a basic white button-up shirt, which is a perfect staple piece and can be worn in various ways. I buttoned it up all the way to the top, because I think that this adds to the classic look I wanted. The button-up shirt is made of a linen-like fabric, which also makes it look a bit more expensive to me than other synthetic fabrics.


For the edgy and rough part, the trousers that worked best for me were my favourite black ripped jeans. They are not totally ripped so not too extreme, but the ripped knees are just enough to give the look the amount of edge that I wanted. For shoes, I wanted to wear heels because it makes my legs look longer, which is quite nice regarding the length of the coat, and because I think that they make the look just a little more dramatic. These heeled boots were perfect for that: I love the rubber track sole and the thin heel in combination with the laces and buckles.


I know that I usually say "less is more" and don't really wear much accessories, but I thought that this look needed a finishing touch. I combined some minimalistic golden rings with some golden midi rings to add just a little more to the outfit, and I absolutely love the way those midi rings look.


 Camel 'Textured Boyfriend Coat' - New Look (Available here)
White 'Poplin' Shirt - Yaya (Available here)
Black Ripped 'Jamie' Jeans - Topshop (Available here)
Track Sole Lace-Up Booties - Next
Set of Golden Rings - H&M
Several Sets of Midi Rings - River Island

So, that's it for today! I hope you're as crazy about the pictures as I am, and if you want to see more pictures, don't hesitate to follow me on Instagram or like the 'Stressed but Well Dressed' Facebook page. On both pages I will regularly post news about the blog, behind the scenes pictures or exclusive pictures that haven't been shared on the blog, so keep your eyes peeled.

Can't wait to hear what you think!

Lots of love,
Sanne

BTW: You might have noticed that I started linking the items that I'm wearing in my outfits since a few weeks. At the end of the post, you can click the link on 'Available here' to get a direct link to the item I'm wearing. If the item is not available anymore, I often try to find something similar for you to recreate the look. XO

You Might Also Like

0 comments