Channeling My Inner Twiggy

 I haven't posted an outfit for a little while, and I though it was about time I made a comeback. I couldn't think of a bet...


 I haven't posted an outfit for a little while, and I though it was about time I made a comeback. I couldn't think of a better comeback than this adorable, classic houndstooth dress. Read on to find out more about the look I created with it and a brand I recently discovered...


About two weeks ago, my family and I went to Antwerp for a day of shopping. After a while I found a really nice shop, called LOT. (you should totally check out their facebook page!), and while looking around the shop, my gaze fell upon this adorable houndstooth dress. I love the houndstooth pattern because it's such a classic pattern, and the fact that it's simply in black and white makes it look even more classic. When I looked at the cut I started liking the dress even more, because it's a shift dress, and it has sort of a 60s vibe to it. The dress was one size so I was afraid the dress was going to be rather big, but when I put it on I actually liked that the dress was just a little oversized and not too tight. Everytime I put this dress on, my inner Twiggy comes alive, and I feel like Twiggy strolling through London during the 60s.


The dress is by Orion London, a brand that I hadn't actually heard of yet - but since it's a brand from London, I knew it had to be good :). When I was in London the weekend after that, I found out that they actually sold the brand at Topshop, so I must have seen it before. When I came back from London I did a little research on Orion, and found out that was created in 2005. The brand creates high-quality garments - which I can really confirm, because the quality of the dress is outstanding - that have been influenced by current trends, as well as retro culture. This small nod to retro culture can definitely be seen in the shape of the dress. Their garments are all one size and constructed to flatter all body shapes, and after some more research I found out that many celebrities are actually fans of Orion. What a shame I didn't know the brand yet! However, I'm a fan.


Enough chit-chat about the dress, on to the shoes! About two months ago, during my break, I was wandering through the city I work at, and decided to go into some shoe stores to get some inspiration for fall. I guess that wasn't such a good idea. I tried on some shoes, and as a result I couldn't get a pair of shoes out of my mind that I didn't actually need. They were black patent leather chelsea boots. That doesn't sound so special, but what I love about them is that they have pointed toes, the elastic looks just a bit different than on the classic chelsea boot, and the boot is quite narrow at the top, which makes it a perfect boot to wear in combination with skirts and dresses. A few weeks later I decided that I wanted to get them, because my own black leather boots are starting to look very worn down. Also, a pair of black boots is an essential for winter to me, and of course, it's extremely easy to combine. 


 It was pretty clear to me I wanted to wear my two new favourite items together, so I threw on some tights to keep my legs warm. The dress is very warm because the fabric is quite thick, but I think you can imagine that, with the short sleeves, it's just a bit too cold to wear outside during fall (or winter). I chose to wear my black coat over the dress. I love this coat: I've been wearing it for about three winters in a row now, but the coat has such a classic look because of the fit and the golden buttons, that it will probably never even start to bore me. Also, the quality is extremely good, so I would definitely recommend Zara coats. The classic and fitted look of the coat go well with the dress, because the dress is relatively wide. Last but not least, I guess you expected that I had to get my pop of colour into this outfit, and I think that I couldn't have made a better choice than my fuchsia Michael Kors bag.


 Houndstooth Shift Dress - Orion London
Classic Black Coat - Zara
Black Tights - Topshop
Patent Leather Chelsea Boots - Sacha (Benelux and France)
Fuchsia Hamilton Bag - Michael Kors (similar)

That's the outfit for today, ladies! I hope you can forgive me for the fact that I haven't been posting very much the last few weeks. At the end of this school year I will be taking my final exams, so I hope you can understand that this is going to be - and already is - a very busy year for me. However, I do want to keep blogging because I enjoy doing it, so I decided to stop posting on Wednesdays, and try to keep posting every Saturday. In this way, everything will be less stressful to me, and I will be able to provide higher quality posts than if I were to rush my shooting and writing.

Thanks for your understanding, and I'd love to see you back here next week!

Lots of hugs and kisses,
Sanne

You Might Also Like

0 comments