Sunny Winter Days

It may be winter, but luckily there's no snow to be seen in the Netherlands (yet). And even though we have tons of rainy days, th...


It may be winter, but luckily there's no snow to be seen in the Netherlands (yet). And even though we have tons of rainy days, there are days that the beautiful winter sun shows its face. The outfit I will be showing you today is a perfect example of what I would be wearing on one of those sunny winter days.


First of all, let me tell you about this skirt, which I'm totally obsessed with. It probably won't surprise you after reading my last post, but when I was in London last month, the suede 70s boots weren't the only items I took home. I found this faux leather skirt at Zara, and I really liked it because of the special touch that the faux leather gives to the skirt. I think that the A-line shape hugs my figure - as well as any other figure, for that matter - really well, but most of all, I think that the colour is amazing. The skirt is available in different colour - black, yellow, burgundy and jade green - and even though I loved the jade green one as well, my eye fell on the one with the amazing burgundy, vampy red colour. Because of the material, the colour changes when a different light source illuminates the skirt, so sometimes the skirt even looks dark purple or brown.


I think the colour of the skirt looks great with grey or dark blue, but I believe that black makes the colour look much more mysterious. So, to keep the look mysterious and classic as well, I chose some black items to wear with my newfound treasure. Since the skirt is a bit wider at the bottom than it is at the top, I wanted to wear a tight top with it. I found this ribbed long sleeve top last week, and immediately pictured myself wearing it with the skirt. What I love most about the top is, like I mentioned in other posts, the high neck, because  I think that it really adds to the mysteriousness of the look.


Despite it being a sunny day, I had to remind myself that it was still a winter day as well. To keep myself warm I obviously needed to wear tights, and as always I chose to wear simple black tights. I love it when tights are matte and not very see-through, because I think it makes outfits like this one look more classic. Since it was so cold outside I layered my favourite black coat over the outfit. I've been wearing this coat for a few winters now, but I can't seem to get enough of it. The tailoring is so extremely classy and timeless! I wore the coat over my shoulders in order to keep the focus on my skirt as much as possible.


I couldn't think of a better pair of boots to fit this outfit than my open track sole booties. Because of the faux leather, I think it can be quite risky to wear heels with this skirt, as it might look a little trashy. However, because these booties have a quite low and really wide heel, I think they looked just right with the skirt. They give the whole look a little more edge - just what I was looking for. To add some texture I chose to take my Paul's Boutique bag with faux pony hair with me. As you may have read before I am crazy about this bag, and I think that the faux pony hair, the golden linings and the adorable pom pom key chain give my outfit just the right amount of detail.


I hope you liked my simple yet classic look, which is suitable for warmer or sunny winter days. While writing this I realised that most of the items I'm wearing are from Zara or other low budget brands. To me, this proves once again that there's no price to a sense of style.

High Neck Ribbed Long Sleeve Top - Only
Matte Black Tights - Primark
Classic Black Coat - Zara
Open Track Sole Booties - Zara
Click on items to be redirected to webshop


One more thing: while you're reading this, I will probably be running around London with my hands full of shopping bags! I've been to London multiple times now, but I've never been there during christmas. I can't wait to see my breathtaking city full of christmas decorations, and of course I can't wait to search my favourite boutiques in London for things to add to my closet. 

Have a wonderful christmas, and I will probably get back to you next week with a christmas outfit or something related to London :)

Lots of love, christmas cheers, hugs and kisses

Sanne

You Might Also Like

0 comments